We usually prepare wills at a fixed fee of £300 (inclusive of VAT) for a single will, and £360 (inclusive of VAT) for similar wills for those who are married or in a civil partnership.
There is likely to be an additional charge if:-
- You require us to attend at your home to speak to you or to execute the will
- You have significant assets or property
- You have business interests which are to pass by will
- You make significant changes to your instructions after the initial meeting
What we will do for you:-
- A meeting at our offices with a qualified solicitor experienced in drafting wills, and advice on the law and your options
- Preparation of a draft to be sent to you for approval
- Advising and amending the draft if necessary
- Preparing the final document for signature, and advising on execution
- Providing up to 5 certified copies for your records
- Free storage for life of the original will in our fire-proof storage facility (if required)
- Dealing with the sale or transfer of any property in the estate is not included.
How long will this take?
We aim to send you a draft within 7 days of your meeting, and any revisions within a further 5 days.
This cost includes a meeting with a qualified solicitor, up to 3 drafts, an appointment to execute, certified copies for your own use and free for life will storage.
If you have significant assets, business interests or require multiple trusts to be established then there may be additional costs.