Remortgage or Transfer Fees
Our fees cover all of the work required to complete the remortgage or transfer of equity of your property.
Please see our costs here. You may notice that we include fewer items than other providers in our charges. That is not because we have any “hidden” charges, but because we consider matters such as checking your ID and the details of other lawyers to be essential parts of our work, and don’t expect you to make separate payments to us for this.
- this is a standard transaction and that no unforeseen matters arise including for example (but not limited to) a defect in title which requires remedying prior to completion or the preparation of additional documents ancillary to the main transaction
- that you have all appropriate planning and building regulation documents
- the transaction is concluded in a timely manner and no unforeseen complication arise
- all parties to the transaction are co-operative and there is no unreasonable delay from third parties providing documentation
Typical transactions take 4-8 weeks. It can be quicker or slower; if your lender required additional information, or requires a new borrower to obtain independent legal advice, this might cause a delay.
The precise stages involved in the remortgage or transfer of equity of a residential property vary according to the circumstances. However, here is a general guide to the work we will do.
- Take your instructions and give you initial advice
- Check your title at the Land Registry, or examine your title deeds
- Prepare any necessary transfer
- Arrange for searches or search insurance
- Agree completion date and notify you that this has happened
- Meet with you to sign the documentation
- Complete remortgage/transfer
- Redeem any mortgage (where appropriate) and send you the sale proceeds
You may be required to notify your Landlord if you remortgage or transfer the property. Such a provision will be included in your lease. Typical notice fees range from £10-125 but may be lower or considerably higher. We can advise you once we have seen your lease.